Omowunmi Aloba, widow of late singer Mohbad, has raised concerns over threats to her life and that of her one-year-old son, Liam.
In an interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo, Omowunmi alleged that she receives death threats almost daily and has faced attacks from her late husband’s former record label boss, Naira Marley and his associates.
According to her, the harassment that Mohbad endured before his death has now extended to their son. She also accused her father-in-law, Joseph Aloba, of trying to take control of the singer’s assets and opposing her at every turn.
“We no longer feel safe. I literally get death threats almost every day in my DMs. It has really gotten to a point where it’s either I speak up or I die in silence,” she said.
“I have been attacked by Naira Marley and his cohorts. My father-in-law wants to be in control of Mohbad’s properties, or he will go all out to destroy my life. My father-in-law was the one who officiated my marriage to my late husband. He was the happiest, and now he is calling our son a bastard. He said Liam has bow legs and that they don’t have such in their family. He said Liam looks older than him, and he is almost 60. He even went as far as claiming that my husband wanted to throw my baby into the Third Mainland Bridge.”
Mohbad died under controversial circumstances on September 12, 2023, at the age of 27, months after leaving Marlian Music over alleged contract disputes. His former label boss, Naira Marley, and associate Sam Larry were implicated in the events leading to his death. A viral video had earlier surfaced showing Sam Larry assaulting the late singer.
The duo were arrested and remanded on October 6, 2023, but later granted bail after pleading not guilty.
Meanwhile, Mohbad’s body remains unburied as the demand for justice over his death continues.